Like the commercial says …….”Brilliant!”
Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak threw some Jerry (West) Dust on the Grizzlies GM Chris Wallace and said “Gimme Pasol.” I mean really, isn’t this the best Lakers rip of another team since they abused the Milwaukee Bucks and traded for/stole Lew Alcindor (Kareem Abdul Jabbar)?
I love EVERYTHING about this trade. The best previous trade to impact this season was made by Danny Ainge, ex Celtic, when he colluded….er…..traded with ex teammate and Timberwolves GM Kevin McHale for Kevin Garnett. Ex Laker player and current Gm Mitch Kupchak vs. Ex Celtic player and current GM Danny Ainge. Scoreboard Lakers!
Look closely at the details of this deal and you will squeal with delight along with me:
The Lakers gave up:
- Rookie PG Javaris Crittenton – Best thing the Griz received – Will be a star someday
- Kwame Brown – Largest expiring contract in the league
- 1st Round Draft Pick in 2008 – A 20 something selection
- 1st Round Draft Pick in 2010 – A 20 something selection
- Philadelphia Coach Aaron McKie – Property of Lakers and sent to Memphis
- Rights to Pau’s Brother Marc – Lakers have rights to Marc after drafting him in 2nd round of 2007 draft
- Cash considerations – Who knows what that means? Maybe they’ll take future Lakers finals tickets and consider it cash?
The Lakers received:
- Pau Gasol – 2002 Rookie Of The Year, All Star, 7 Footer with good hands, post up threat to complement the best young center in the NBA (Andrew Bynum).
- The ability to dump Kwame Brown
- 2nd Round Draft Pick 2010
- 1-3 More Rings
Tonight Pau dropped 24 points and 14 rebounds in his first outing as a Laker.
Rumors had it today that the Heat may trade Shaquille O’Neal to the Suns for Shawn Marion, which is totally disrespectful to Marion. Please pull off this trade Phoenix, for me.
Kobe Bryant, Derek Fisher, Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol, and a solid bench…………
Happy Days Are Here Again!