The 2007 MLB season has been one that has been full of shattered records. Consider this:
- Craig Biggio collected his 3000th hit in a 5 hit game.
- Tom Glavine became the 23rd pitcher to amass 300 wins. He was only the 5th lefthander to accomplish this.
- Trevor Hoffman collected his 500th save.
- Alex Rodriguez became the youngest player to hit 500 homeruns. He was only the 3rd player to do so as a Yankee.
- Frank Thomas hit his 500th homerun and then boldly stated “I did this the right way.”
- Sammy Sosa hit his 600th homerun this season. He did not make the same bold statement. Ironically, he did it against the Chicago Cubs during interleague play.
- Barry Bonds broke Hank Aaron’s all time homerun record, ensuring his place atop the Asterisk Hall Of Fame.
All of this and the playoffs haven’t even started yet.